Robotics engineering program provides a comprehensive educational environment and enable students to gain expertise in next generation robotics systems by exposing students to course work from multiple disciplines and preparing them to think about robotics from a holistic approach. The program will prepare a skilled industry workforce who will be able to provide leadership in a world that is increasingly dependent on technology. The students will have career opportunities in manufacturing, agriculture, space exploration, medical, marine, power-plant maintenance, and a variety of other areas. They can be employed in laboratories, space exploration, agriculture, marine research and operation, medical operation, manufacturing plants, and organizations. Robotics engineers will also be employed by private robot manufacturers or robot users. Certified professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges. For those who will select the biomedical engineering track, graduates can pursue medical degree. There are ample opportunities in this field for engineers both in Philippines as well as in other countries. Robotics is a multidisciplinary field that plays an increasingly vital role in the world of economy and in daily experience.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Science in Robotics Engineering is designed to prepare students to:
- Acquire skills to become successful in their professional and technical career.
- Achieve a strong foundation in sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) necessary to formulate, solve, analyze, and demonstrate knowledge specific to robotics engineering.
- Gain knowledge on theories and practices in the field of robotics engineering and allied fields.
- Understand the need to engage in lifelong learning to appreciate contemporary issues & develop solutions for the betterment of society.
- Practice and inspire high ethical values and technical standards.
- Develop innovative and technopreneurial mindsets to effectively and efficiently start and manage new ventures.
OIC Chair: Dr. Randell U. Espina
Engr. Aireen Fordaliza
Engr. Ottoman Montani Jr.