Program Educational Objectives
Ateneo de Davao University Computer Engineering graduates will:
- Excel in the corresponding technical competencies expected for the following fields of specialization:
- Embedded Systems
- Software Development
- System and Network Administration
- Seek new knowledge by engaging in industry-relevant research using updated and appropriate technology
- Engage in efforts towards personal and professional growth in the context of life-long learning.
- Exhibit discerning leadership marked by clear communication and effective collaboration.
- Live out Filipino and Christian values by the ethical practice of their professional expertise in the pursuit of the common good.
By the time of graduation, the students of the program shall have the ability to:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
Chair: Engr. Dexielito Badilles
Engr. Eduardo Descalsota Jr.
Engr. Nathaniel Duro
Engr. Edicio Faller
Engr. Jason Occidental
Dr. Eleanor Palconit
Engr. Johna Marie Tabanguil
Engr. Norhaina Karon